Monday, February 8, 2010

My Kid Is Growing Up

And I am not ready.
Yesterday Lena spent a lot of time in her room. But not for what you would think. She was sitting in front of the mirror lifting her hair trying to see what she would look like with it shorter.
2 years ago we grew her hair out so that it would be very long for Alaa's wedding. It was long. And a pain. About 3 days after the wedding, we cut 5" off. Then 4 months later we cut 4 more inches off. And haven't done anything but minor trims since.
Yesterday she decided she had had enough.
The hairdresser in me was so excited! I couldn't wait! I have been wanting to do this for years. She has a great face for it. We love her hair pulled off her face.
She was practically peeing her pants during the haircut. She couldn't wait to see herself. After it was done, I took her to the bathroom, blew it dry, made sure it was prefect. Then showed her.
She screamed. She freaking L.O.V.E.D it. She turned to me and said, "Mom, if I ever want to grow my hair long again, slap me. I am NEVER having long hair again!"
She must have looked at herself 500 times before going to bed. In fact I know if she could have she would have slept with a mirror under her pillow just in case she woke up. She woke up about 3am to tell us she had a dream about her hair. Today she hid it under a hat and surprised everyone at school. At lunch, she told me that she went to the washroom just so she could look at her hair.
I am so screwed.

No comments: