Friday, March 5, 2010

16 Week Appointment

But really it was 16 weeks and 4 days. =)
Everything is looking good. I have gained .5 of a pound so far!
At the end of my appointment my IPS test results came in and the midwife was shocked at how low my risks of having any problems with this baby are! Neural Tube Defect (like Spina Bifida) are about 1/6,300! And any other abnormalities are 1/4,000 or so. Good eggs!
My uterus is sitting just about my belly button. She asked if I had felt any movement and to be honest, I am not sure! It's one of those things where you think you have, but was it, or was it a gas bubble? Or was it just a twitch... I still think I might have been feeling something a few weeks ago, but who knows. I'll be complaining soon enough about the baby kicking me in the middle of the night.
The baby was very active while we were listening to it's heart beat. 150-160 range.
In May I get to get tested to see if I am producing any antibodies. I am A- and Jay is O+. So if there is any mixing of the blood between the baby and me, it could be bad. BUT only if the baby has + blood type. Lena does. She came out as A+! Then I would have to get a shot in the rear at 28 weeks and again after birth. No biggy. I did it last time!
Now for the exciting news. I have an appointment on Monday, March 15th at 2pm EST to find out if it's a BOY or a GIRL! We can't wait! Lena is off that entire week for March Break, so it's going to be fun grabbing some gender specific items. =)

No comments: