Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The end is near!

It's hard to believe that the end is soooo close! 25 days according to my ticker. It's amazing how fast things are going now that August is around the corner.
Saturday evening I had some contractions from hell. Lena hovered over me with the phone telling me that she was going to call the midwife if I didn't knock it off. The whole thing caught me by surprise. The entire thing lasted about 5 hours. Totally untimeable, unpredictable, and down right irritating.
By the morning, I had gotten up every single hour to pee and check on myself to make sure nothing new was happening. And I was fine. Like nothing had happened! Baby boy seems soo low to me right now, which is a strange feeling being that Lena's head never engaged. I have a nice waddle going on now too.
Sunday I woke up feeling right as rain, as the saying goes. We headed off to Brimley beach with the whole family and just sat around all day enjoying the cooler weather that we have been blessed with this week and watched my feet swell up.
I woke up this morning with tons of energy and made sure that it wasn't wasted. I straightened up a few things that had been bothering me. Walked to Foodland while Lena roller skated, took out the recycling as it was building up. And walked down the block and back to bring Lena's friend over for a play date. Then. It hit me. I wound up sleeping almost the entire time her friend was over. Thank goodness they are really good little girls and don't get into trouble.
Although Lena's favorite saying right now is "No one loves me any more". She kids of course... I think anyway.
Friday we are going to see the new Ramona and Beezus movie! Yea!
Tomorrow is my midwife appointment. Can't wait to see the 15lbs I gained in the last 2 weeks... =(

No comments: