Thursday, July 29, 2010

False Labor

What a long long day it was yesterday. I woke up at 7:30 with a leg cramp. Jumped out of bed to walk it out. Jay woke up to ask if I was having contractions and I said, No, just a leg cramp. Well, about 2 minutes later contractions started. So I went back and told him I lied. That was the start of a loooooong day.
I came out to the livingroom and tried timing them. They were coming at various strengths anywhere from 5 minutes to 8 minutes apart. Some were strong, some where like eh... But the main thing was, they would not go away! I finally got in the shower, which is supposed to help. Drank tea, did all that stuff. Nothing was touching them. So I called Laurie, my midwife at noon. I told the receptionist what was happening and she said OMG! And patched me through to Laurie.
She said I could come in early (I had an appointment at 3:30) and get checked to see if I was dilating, but the fact that I was not passing any (TMI) mucus, or water or anything, that it sounded more like Braxton Hicks and to try to just lie down for an hour, get some gatorade and to call her back.
So I take off for bed and manage to nap. She called me back at 2 to check on me and to say that she had to cancel my appointment because someone else actually DID go into labor!
I hung out for a little longer as Lena was bored out of her mind and driving me crazy. The contractions seemed to have finally stopped so we headed to No Frills. All I could think about all day was the groceries and the laundry that needed to be done BEFORE Baby Boy gets here!
I had a few more contractions through the rest of the day and just a handful last night. So far this morning, I feel fine.
It's funny because Monday I was nesting like crazy! I moved things, mopped, dusted, you name it. Then Tuesday Lena and I went shopping, she went swimming, then I cut her hair, and then went to the park.
I was going to wait until my appointment today to post my 37 week picture but being that today I am 37 weeks and 6 days, I will post it and then take my 38 week tomorrow. See if we can see any changes.

No comments: