Thursday, August 19, 2010

4am and Starving

Well, I am now 6 days past my due date. Never thought I would still be pregnant at this point. Especially with all the false labour I have been having these last weeks.
First, I want to say thank you to Umpti Husnia for sending over the container of Maklube. When one very pregnant woman (Me! Hi!(waving)) wakes up in pain again at 4am, sometimes the tummy starts to grumble. I opened the fridge and what do I find waiting. AAHHHH, Maklube! I just finished my second bowl. Baby Boy is now happily "munching" away on it.
I saw my midwife today. I am up another 1.5 lbs. Sigh. I should be glad that I have gained a total of 17 1/2 lbs this entire pregnancy right? I just feel HUGE. Like every other pregnant woman out there. My feet were sooo swollen the other day, the jiggled when I walked. It was gross. It seems to have gone down though, for the time being.
My blood pressure is a little elevated, but nothing to be concerned with. Baby Boy's HB was good as well.
I am not dilated, but very soft, like the rest of me. I am beginning to wonder if my body just doesn't know what the heck to do!
Friday morning I am scheduled for a Non-Stress Test an Ultra-sound and an OB consult. I will be 41 weeks. It's all to make sure Bub is doing ok and isn't too stressed out in there. I am sure they will freak me out with his estimated weight, but I have to remind myself that my 6lbs15oz daughter was said to be over 9lbs at birth.
Tomorrow I am going to get things in order in the house. My parents are arriving on Sunday after a nice journey across the States. I need to clean the house, wash the dog if I can... and grab some groceries. I already did my laundry, and my bags are packed! Not much else to do but sit around and wait. =P

No comments: