Thursday, August 26, 2010

Birth Part 1, Thursday

I am going to have to back track to give everyone a full idea of how things began labour wise.
Thursday I decided to make sure things were in order around the house. I knew I would be induced on Saturday and just wanted the house clean, and the cupboards stocked.
I was in pain pretty much all day. Those Braxton Hicks were a killer. They were not regular at all, going from mildly irritating to OMG!! BREATHE! I had to pee every 10 minutes through out the day. The pressure was getting really bad and I was just plain uncomfortable. At one point during the day Lena and I went to Foodland to do the shopping. I was walking really really REALLY slow and just taking my time. I got the food and lugged my shopping buggy home. The BH's were really bad by the time I got home. I abandoned the food and hopped in the shower hoping to ease things up a little. It helped some. I got things put away and rested.
We finally headed off to bed at 10:30. I slept for about 30 minutes when I had to pee once again and just could not get comfortable. I got up and came out to the living room and sat on the couch thinking, Ugh, I can't wait for my tests tomorrow. Maybe they will keep me and I can get this over with!
Turned on the TV, complained to Jay about how much bladder pressure there was. I moved to the other side of the couch thinking a change in sides might help. Well.... at 11:30 there was a weird "CLICK" feeling down below and GUSH!
I said OH!!!!! grabbed my crotch and made a bee line for the bathroom.
Jay was like WHAT!!!??? WHAT IS WRONG!! He thought I fell or something.
I said, MY WATER JUST BROKE!!!!
I sat there for a bit, got some fresh panties and just kind of pondered the fact that things were really happening!
I called my midwife, explained that my water just broke and to call and let me know what to do.

No comments: