Wednesday, January 20, 2010

VBAC

My brother made me snort with laughter this morning. I told him I am going for a VBAC. He wrote back VBAC? Very Big Air Conditioner?
No, my dear brother, a Vaginal Birth After Cesarean.
I have been tormented for years with the memory of Lena's birth and how I wish it could have ended differently.
I have an appointment with a midwife on Monday and we are going to discuss my options and what my thoughts are. I have been struggling with what to do for a while now. Did I really want to attempt a regular birth and have it fail again and end up with a C/S again? In pain, again?
Well, I picked up Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. The first night I read it, it changed my life. Amazing, incredible, life changing. Just wow. Every day I read a little bit more and am just amazed that this book wasn't brought to my attention before, maybe it was and I thought, I am not THAT crunchy. But it turns out I am!
For the first time in 8 years I am excited about the birth process! I KNOW I can do this. I am going to give it my all with the thought in mind of completion. Not, well if it doesn't work out...
I can't wait till Monday to talk with the midwife. I hope this experience will be transformational if that is even a word.

No comments: