Monday, January 11, 2010

New Year, New Start!

Last year had all sorts of great new things for us. We got settled in Canada, got an apartment, Jay got a great job. Things went really well for us!
Well, at the end of 2009 things got even better. We found out that I am pregnant! Total surprise for everyone! But we are so excited to be welcoming Baby Dacca sometime in August.
We were suspicious at the beginning of December, but didn't know for sure until December 7th, when this happened.

Needless to say we were a little shocked. We had talked about having more kids, but things just never worked out.
I told Jay first of course. But we decided to hatch a plan to tell Lena. It was hard keeping it away from her for 3 weeks, but we managed. And she didn't have a clue!
So I ordered a shirt off e-Bay that said, Big Sister, and bought a tiny Onesie from the mall. I wrapped them up and put it under the tree. Lena opened it last. Here is a video of what happened.

Needless to say she was a little shocked. But so so excited! She just couldn't believe it! She has waited so long, that she didn't think it would ever happen.

Now, I have felt like crap to put it politely. I was very thankful that I had 2 weeks off of taking Lena to school to sleep in and just rest. I have been starving, to the point where nothing is safe. I have felt like throwing up, haven't though. And I have been so tired that I have been taking 2 hour naps in the middle of the day and still sleeping a full nights sleep.
Yesterday, I couldn't button my pants by the end of the day. Folks, this is a good month earlier than with Lena. I am 8 years older, 10lbs heavier and they say you show sooner. So I guess that is true!

I have an appointment with a midwife group on the 25th ( SO EXCITED!!) and my first ultra sound on the 28th (DOUBLE EXCITED!!!!).

I will try to keep this blog updated so everyone can keep up if interested.

No comments: